These absolutely delicious muffins are adapted from a recipe I found in a book when I was bored one day. I love the citrus flavour in the muffin and the chunky chocolate bits. I also love that when I make these I don’t have to share as my hubby doesn’t like chocolate and orange mix!
These are called muffins, but they are as great a treat as any cupcake.
225g cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
finely grated rind of 1 orange
50g oats (whazzed a bit in a blender)
100g brown sugar
200g plain yogurt (Greek/Belgian will do. NOT low fat)
4 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 large egg
150g milk chocolate, chopped
75g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
3. Stir in the sugar, orange rind and oats.
4. Beat the yogurt, oil, milk and egg together and add to the dry ingredients.
5. Add the chocolate pieces and fold it through the mixture. (Add milk if it seems dry, or flour if it seems wet)
6. Line your muffin tin with paper cases.
7. Divide the mixture between the cases, mixture should not go over halfway, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until risen and just firm.
Viola! Done! They are yummy hot or cold, but I prefer them hot! Then the chocolate is extra chocolaty