This is one of those recipes that always tastes better after a day or two, but it never lasts that long in my fridge. I based this on one of Jamie Oliver’s recipes.
I hope you enjoy it! ♥
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, pureed
500g chicken livers, cleaned thoroughly!
1 small bunch of fresh thyme. Don’t chop them, they will be easier to remove later
1 glass of brandy (approximately 175ml)
some fresh sage leaves
salt and pepper
olive oil for frying
1. Clarify about 150g of the butter, throw the white, milky stuff away
2. Fry the garlic and onion in some olive oil until the onion is transparent and set aside
3. In the same pan, add some olive oil and fry the chicken livers and thyme
4. Once the chicken are done to your preference, I like mine a little bit pink inside still, add the brandy
5. Let it simmer until about 1/4 of the brandy evaporated
6. Remove the thyme , and put everything else in a food processor. Don’t forget the onion and garlic!
7. Process it until it is a puree
8. Add the rest of the butter and blend till smooth
9. Add salt and pepper to taste
10. Sieve the puree.
11. Scoop it into your bowl, place some sage leaves on top, and scoop your (hot) clarified butter over it.
It takes about an hour to set. This is a little bit of work, but oh, so worth it! ♥