I am absolutely in love with this Stroganoff recipe. We must have had this at least 10 times in the last month. We have had it so many times actually, I am sure we are half Russian by now.
This one uses pork fillet instead of the traditional beef, but you are welcome to use beef, it stays the same and tastes fantastic either way.
This will take you as long as it takes the rice to cook. 20-30 min. And it is a lot healthier than the original version. The plain yogurt just gives it that hint of sour deliciousness.
This recipe will easily serve 4 people.
500g pork fillet – cut into thin strips
2 punnets brown mushrooms – sliced roughly
2 heaped tablespoons paprika
½ teaspoon dried garlic
Lots of butter
5 heaped tablespoons of plain yogurt
Salt and pepper to taste
A good glug of brandy
- Sprinkle all the paprika on your pork strips and rub it in well
- Fry the mushrooms and the garlic in the butter until they are well fried and reduced by about 70% – set aside
- In the same pan, without adding oil/butter, fry your pork strips that you have covered in the paprika, until done
- Add your mushrooms back, and fry until it is all the same temperature again, and add your salt and pepper
- Add your brandy and set it alight! (I love this part). Let it burn out by itself
- Add your yogurt and cream, stir well, and let it simmer until the sauce is as thick as you want it